Wednesday, August 17, 2005

New Orleans - Day 3


Day 3 is sort of a blur, albeit it a mildly alcohol induced one. I didn't mean for that to happen. I really barely drink at all anymore - as Mommy, you are always on duty - so even the most minor amount of booze affects me pretty strongly. We sort of wandered around aimlessly, checked out a flea market, went in a store called Sideshow. DH was hoping to see a real sideshow and was bitterly disappointed. They did have a four legged baby duckling on display - stuffed, of course.

Sunday night went back out to another fantastic resturant for dinner. The waiters worked as a team - our team was Jacob and Tyler. Both cute young menu and they bear the name of my youngest son. I was really amused by the coincidence. After dinner, we walked Bourbon Street yet again. DH wanted to go to a cabaret, but in New Orleans that is a euphemism for a strip club. I don't know if he honestly expected a stage show that didn't involve a pole, but ultimately I let him go inside a cabaret... and three other strip clubs. They do stuff in those places that I really never dreamed of and hopefully never will. I did talked to some really nice young women who had kids, were working their way through school... somewhat cliched, but I was struck how each and every one of them aspired first and foremost to get out of what they were doing.

I guess I can cover day four really quickly - we were supposed to be on a 5pm plane, but I managed to get us on standby on the 1pm, which was almost empty. I really wanted to get home to the boys. Jacob didn't seem to care as much - as you can tell from the photos, he was having a great time being an only child at his grandparents house - but Jimmy giggled and bounced up and down on my mom's chair when he saw me. I am so happy to be home with my boys.

No comments: