Thursday, August 18, 2005

Rachel Goes to Richmond

Well, I did okay. Delegate Ware interrupted me about two minutes in to say that they needed to hear more (we were supposed to have three) which was unnerving. I did my thing, but had to hack like the last paragraph and a half off because of the lovely Delegate Ware. I had to take both boys, which was a trial, because Jim wouldn't commit to picking Jake up if I got stuck in Richmond (he wound up staying at work until 8:20.) Jimmy was an angel. Jake was a devil, especially in the car. He fell scream for an hour plus, basically from the Prince William Parkway to Kings Dominion. He feel asleep about half and hour before we arrive in Richmond. The ride home was slightly better - only 40 minutes of screaming then. I feel better for having done it, but the bill got voted down 9-1. They did say something about a task force to look at insurance and autism. We'll see.

Did aqua aerobics last night and I am finally going to the doctor today to see about my damn foot. It still hurts. Walking around New Orleans definitely did not help.

No comments: