Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Feeling Battered

So I went to the school board meeting last night, to beg for an autism 5-8 class, to tell them to do a better job the next time they made a school closing decision - I wasn't nearly as articulate as I could have hoped for. I believe in the people that work with my child, but I think the system will ultimately fail him if I don't push for change. The local high school boast state championship in football, softball, and wrestling. These are all great things, but mean nothing if the system has farm children from this community out to Prince William County to be educated because district can't invest time, energy, and resources to education children with special needs such as autism. I'll keep trying but I feel, on the whole, the powers that be are unresponsive.

No comments: