Friday, December 09, 2005

The Real Story about the Airline Shooting in Miami

This sounds a great deal more like the truth than what is being reported in the American press. As the mother of an autistic child with little receptive language at this point (as well as personally having struggled with depression), when I heard about the Miami shooting, a chill went up my spine. I don't know what the future hold for my son, but you know, if an air marshal told my son to put his hands up, he would do so for 30 seconds before shouting "down," giggling, and insisting that everyone do the same around him. I am not sure I would trust federal air marshals to distinguish between a terrorist and someone with a cognitive or psychological disability.

I have the sneaking suspicion that a man was killed in cold blood for having a panic attack and being unable to control himself. We have been so cowed by fear that we will allow Homeland Security a senseless killing much like the Brazilian in London this summer.

No comments: