Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Matthew's Center

The Matthew's Center is the organization that provides in-home services (or in his case, daycare) for Jimmy. They are doing a gift-wrapping fundraiser at the Barnes and Nobles in Manassas today, tomorrow and Friday until 8pm. I hope some of you who read this and are local will stop by to make this event a success. If you are also trying to make some end of the year cash donations in advance of tax time, they accept those too. I mention all this because Jimmy and our family were very recently the beneficiaries of a generous act of their director, Laurie Heilman. They have done wonderful work with Jimmy and I wish that I could afford to have them do more. So I put it out there for anyone who has the spirit move them.

Thank you Laurie, Shivi and most especially Dana for all you do. You each have a very special place in my heart. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments: