Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Way Behind, but Catching Up

Still hanging in... had to take a little mental break after finals. I am starting to recognize friends and respond to my own name again, so I am doing better. So here is the update....

Went to Depeche Mode on Friday with younger sister, her eldest, and former neighbor/bff/bitchy soulmate at the Patriot Center. Much love for Depeche Mode. I have special love for Dave Gahan and (sigh) Martin Gore. Fantastic show. And so many gay men. A long time hag, I was in HEAVEN!!! BFF screamed herself hoarse - I would have done the same, except I was in better health. Eldest girl child was impressed - all of her Hot Topic angst band experience did not prepare her for a real stage show. The keyboards were kept behind silver constructions that looked vaguely like flying saucers. Very cool. The show was great, the company was great - lots of fun.

Jake is doing well. He's being two. Likes the word no entirely too much for my taste. Jimmy's great. Very chatty these days. Just an explosion of language - not functional like a four year, but I am starting to think that his brother modeling language and what he can get with it is giving Jimmy a big push.

More later... Still decompressing from finals...

No comments: