Friday, July 07, 2006

Busy Week

I am still reeling from all that has been happening lately. I signed a contract, returned the other, made a deposit for Jimmy's birthday party, writing thank you notes and invitations...

I accepted an offer from Manassas City Schools to be a school librarian. The school is less than two miles from my house and I will have my breaks off with the boys. After all of the drama I have endured about what constitutes an appropriate daycare for Jimmy for the full time breaks, that issue is off the table in the future. I will find part time sessions for him to attend during the longer summer breaks (before and after summer school), but the number of days I will need covered on a full time basis will know be few and far between. I will keep Jacob part time in the summer as well. But I can now take them to the pool in the summers, be freer to travel with them, and just spend more time being a mother to them. I gave up an excellent opportunity at the community college to work with some outstanding people, but I went with what was best for both boys. In the end, I know not worrying so much about them and where they are and what they are doing is what makes me happiest. Plus, this is a great opportunity professionally for me - I would be remiss if I didn't mention that.

Jimmy's birthday party is set up for Burger King on the last Saturday of the month. Lots of adults but a few kids coming this year too. It should be fun. He know the song, he understands birthday party, so I am hoping this will be his most enjoyable birthday yet. Perhaps McDonalds or Chuck E. Cheese would be more glamourous locales for parties, but BK tends to be more quiet and less packed, which is a better scene for Jimmy. He has had a great year and I want to celebrate that. I have gotten some great reports from school on the first two days of the summer session. Apparently, he is following direction much better. Wow, I wish he could do that at home.

No comments: