Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Countdown

I start my new job in a weeks time. I won't miss the commute, but I will miss the people I have worked with for the past five years...

Jimmy and Jacob are continuing to do well in their new daycare. Jimmy's doesn't cry much when I leave. Jacob still misses Nelly, his older infant room teacher. I still feel bad about doing this to him... I guess I always will. Okay, "always" is a bit dramatic. How about "for the foreseeable future"? The therapists are happier with the daycare management, the daycare management loves us. Why am I still bitter about this whole thing?

On one of the listserv's I subscribe to related to autism, I have come to find out that Fairfax County basically has a whole set of services for children with disabilities that Prince William County does not. They have their own respite program and provides funding for assistive technology, where PWC has some modest funding for respite for people waiting for state services. I guess it would have something to do with the relative wealth of Fairfax County, but it's not like PWC doesn't have money of its own. I guess it's an argument for my whole charity/non profit thoughts of Monday, but you know, I really would love to do something that's not autism related. Maybe decorate my house or knit, just something. I just feel like it is fate that I will never have a hobby!

No comments: