Friday, November 09, 2007

I started reading Jenny McCarthy's book...

In earnest... I could make a joke like "Who knew she was literate?", but that would be primarily because her body was good enough for the airbrushed glory that is Playboy. They couldn't airbrush enough of mine away to make that work. But one of the introductions make an interesting comment. When your kid is diagnosed with cancer, people bring casseroles and hugs. When it is autism, they sort of turn away from you in the grocery store and quit calling for playdates. I know it is a very bitter commentary, but when I read it I realized that I felt much the same way. And so many more kids are autistic.

I think what is most striking is that he son's onset was marked by seizures, a much more dramatic arrival than Jimmy's autistic beginnings. Each story seems to be a little different. I'll keep you updated as the book goes.

No comments: