Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yes, I am still here...

For a four day week, last week seemed like an eternity. The week was very long. Next week is only two and a half day, but it packed full as well. I am looking forward to having four days off over Thanksgiving. I have already broken out the Christmas cards to write, but I can't get too far until we get a photos of the boys to include.

Jimmy had a pretty good week. I got some nice notes from his teacher about how verbal he is, how much more engaged he is. I am pretty happy with his teacher this year, though I have had a rougher time getting the therapists and school on the same page. It's partly scheduling, but I think there is a certain amount of bureacracy on both sides. It gets frustrating.

Jacob continues to be Jacob. I wonder when this whole bad seed thing will pass - he makes me crazy and I really struggle with the disciplinary aspect. It is very hard for me to do, not so much as having two sets of rules, but two different approaches to negative behavior. I just feel like I can't win and I can't get it right with this kid.

No comments: