Saturday, November 03, 2007

Sorry to leave you hanging...

Let's see... the boys went trick or treating on Wednesday. It was a mixed success - we went across town to stop at my assistant's house and then back to our own neighborhood. Jimmy did well for two house and then was brought home after melting down at some of the decorations. Jacob brought back a ton of candy in less than an hour. Thursday we had session and did our outing at Chick-fil-a, where we pissed off some guy when Jimmy dived over the back of the booth to get to his kids fries. He was really terse at first (which intellectually I understand) and seemed to calm down as I explained that he was autistic. It sort of set me off for a while, though - it is difficult to explain it all the time. I wanted to scream at him that he should be grateful that his kids were healthy and normal. I didn't, of course, but it wears on you.

Last night was respite at McLean Bible Church - I really needed it.

No comments: