Monday, July 07, 2008

Jimmy's Summer

I haven't posted much about him lately.  I have some photos to add later, but he seems to like his summer program.  Most days, he is doing two outings a day into the community - pools, parks, restaurants, bowling, and so on.  He does some quasi-academic stuff with him, not necessarily because it is an academic program, but merely because it is what he likes to do.  He is, after all, Mr. "W is for Worksheet!"  He never puts up a fuss when I drop him off, so that in and of itself is a good indication that he is enjoying himself.  I am pleased about that.  

I think we are going on a little vacation next week - it's the time share week.  I always have mixed emotions about it.  It is a nice timeshare and a relatively cheap vacation.  (And I should be able to go and see T and take her baby gifts!!!)  But, take Jimmy out of his normal environment and it adds exponentially to the challenge of managing his behavior and meltdowns.  A week is so much to deal with.  We usually don't make it more than a few days.  I honestly don't want to go at all, not because I am a killjoy, but because of all that goes with vacations (especially unstructured ones like the timeshare) causes me more stress than it is worth.

No comments: