Thursday, August 20, 2009

Okay, you can tell it is my first week back to work...

Because of the lack of posting. My Quest Diagnostics rant notwithstanding, I haven't posted anything since my return to work. And I generally make it a policy of not posting about work - nothing gets you canned faster. At this point, I am in the child care circus as we move towards Labor Day. Jimmy's situation is fairly constant - Extended Care - but Jacob has been more piecemeal. A friend is taking Jacob to camp in the morning this week and his regular sitter is picking him up and entertaining him in the afternoon. Next week, another friend who has recently decided to stay at home is watching him before and after camp. She has a new baby, a fact that will probably crank Jacob's desire for a little sister to a whole new level. No, that's not happening, but it doesn't stop him. He will be in wonderful hands, which is what is most important to me.

That last week before school will be mishmash of the boys' cousin, maybe my mom, and another sitter to get us through the week. The fact that they close down the week after school ends and the week before school begins is really the only negative to the program. Jimmy knows school is coming up... he has been scripting the names of his classmates and even seems to be verbally processing that Miss H has moved on and her bestie Miss K is the new teacher. He just wants to go back to what, for him, is his regular life and routine. Summer is an enormous disruption to him on every level. I think the only thing he enjoys about summer is Signal Hill's pool being open.

I have to go and make sure that everyone has clothes, swimsuits and dry towels for tomorrow. My work here never ends.

No comments: