Thursday, August 20, 2009

Quest Diagnostics - Reputable business or not?

So, today I got another invoice from Quest Diagnostics for lab work I had completed just about a year ago. The amount of the bill is $137. My insurance paid this last September, with me paying my portion responsible of $2.58. Since that payment, they have submitted that same bill, with the same date and procedure codes to my insurance company, two more times. Now they have presented me with a bill for services that were paid last September. Are they shaking down my insurance company or are they shaking me down? I just talked to their billing department, which said they were too busy to discuss my account with me. No lie. Craziness.

Maybe the government could do a better job at this. At least, maybe they might want to consider regulating the billing practices of Quest Diagnostics. Stupidity.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

wait...too busy to discuss your account? Maybe in the future, you should remit a letter saying that you are just too darn busy to pay them.