Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Date Night

We went out tonight.  He took me to see "No Country For Old Men."  I generally like the Coen Brothers, but I am not a fan of this.  Depressing.  But the husband's the one having surgery again tomorrow, so I indulged him.  He is kind of having a run of it - the injuries from the car accident, the job thing...  I think he is healing from the car accident, so it really isn't as much of an issue.  But to have that and the job thing and having it all come to bear during the holidays is a bit much for anyone.  He still is cranking out the resumes, but he hasn't gotten a call for an interview yet.  It's only been a week and a half, but I can't seem to get that through my head.  
My sister is begging me to look at it like a three month paid vacation - before I make myself completely mad.  She is probably right.  

I would say my sister is better at rolling with the punches than I am, but I don't think that is entirely correct.  She has long said she could not handle the situation I have with Jimmy - having to advocate, the unknown of it all.  It's never easy, but it is what I am used to.  Her husband got laid off after 9/11, not once or twice, but three times.  She is used to that, that uncertainty, being stressed out about when he was going to have a reason to get off the couch (I say that jokingly - my brother-in-law is a great guy!) or how the bills were going to get paid.  Heck, they went through foreclosure.  Money stuff makes me crazy.  Maybe it's true - God gives us what we can handle.

I just hope the Almighty helps with the whole interview thing, because I think He may have sorely misjudged me...

1 comment:

It's Just Me said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, you already do so much and this is a blip on the radar, baby. Just a blip.