Friday, December 21, 2007

A Needed Break...

The holidays are here.  I need a break.  My husband is off with me until Wednesday and then returns to work for his last two days.  It's sort of weird.  I am okay with it at the moment... then I drop and want to breathe into a paper bag a whole lot.  The poor guy has several dozen resumes out there, but I think every HR department in the metro area is sitting on them until New Years.  The worst part is, even when I try, I can't shut up about the whole job thing.  I am just pecking away at him and he hasn't even stopped working.  Heck, he has round three with his back coming up in two weeks.  And I am asking, "How many resumes have you sent today?  Has anyone called?"  Now that I think about it, I hope I don't go completely insane over the next 11 days...

Jimmy decided that he wanted McDonalds for dinner.  He started crying as we drove past it, then started yelling "Chicken and fries, chicken and fries!  McDonalds!!!"  Then he started saying "Now!!!"  Such a basic word, but I have never heard him use it before.  Now... It was such a burst of communication - I was very taken aback.  It was pretty thrilling.  And, yes, he did have a Happy Meal for dinner.    

No comments: