Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Election is Over

Well, the election is done and over. New members are heading towards the governing board. One I have met and I do like. The other two I don't know and I am reserving judgment on whether their election is a good or bad thing for the community. The people in my city said it pretty loud - they don't like high taxes. I hope that the reductions that we all would like to see does not come at the expense of children in the community, especially my son.

On a personal level, I am extremely sad to see Noreen Slater voted out. While she can't waive a wand and make the money fairy appear to help Jimmy, she has provided more support and encouragement than any other single person in this community in my pursuit of services for him. I am deeply grateful to her for her efforts.

I turned in my very last paper two and a half hours ago. Tonight I am going to pick up my boys and play with them and have absolutely nothing hanging over my head for the first time in three years. It's done and I am happy. I may have to do additional courses depending on where I am employed, but I will likely never HAVE to go back a do a degree the way I had to do this.

No comments: