Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Nice Note

Yesterday, I got a note from Jimmy's teacher in his backpack. Apparently the aide had been out sick and there was a nervous sub. At some point, he crawled in her lap, cuddled her, and said "Everything will be alright." My child, who never says a full sentence other than "I want ____" used a full sentence to show compassion to a sub. I think any parent is happy when their child shows empathy for another - it is a sign that you are raising a good person. To have Jimmy do it means so much more - he is able to show empathy, but that is because he knows that he is loved, that he has an emotional connection to myself and others. Jimmy is a blessing. He amazes me everyday.

I had a job interview today very close to home. The people seemed very nice and I think I would love the work. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

That's the latest - off to soccer...

No comments: