Saturday, October 25, 2008

I need to go to bed...

But the UFC is on.

While DH went to Maryland today, I took the boys to the city's Fall Festival. I had to use the stroller, which I hate. I have to when it is just me with both of them. Jimmy needs to be contained to some degree (though there are moments I long to have Jacob contained as well) - it also gives him a place to hide when the environment becomes an assault on the senses. If it is too loud or too bright, he will pull the canopy down and just sort of hang out. Both spent some quality time in the moonbounce and Jacob did every arts and crafts project available. Among them, Jacob discovered the joys of spin art today. He loved it. I tried to get Jimmy to put the sticky foam pieces on the pumpkin. He just wanted to stick them on each other. What was nice is that both boys are so well known to the people at Parks and Rec that they help me out when I am at an event. I actually get to have conversations with adults because someone is entertaining Jacob. It is pretty fabulous. I appreciate the little things - time alone, conversations about something other than birthday parties - so much.

We have session tomorrow morning. DH's parents are coming, so I get to take Jimmy to his outings without the distraction of Jacob. Given that Jacob is still up, I don't think he will even notice me leaving.

No comments: