Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Well...

The polyp was an adenoma, which is considered precancerous. It is the same variety that has been removed from my sister. I am now on a three year cycle for colonoscopies. The problem is my side still hurts, so now we look at the ovaries. I have been bad about getting regular paps, so I am nervous yet again. It doesn't end. I guess the good thing is that I have a little pain and nothing else. No nausea, nothing weird with my periods, nothing else... just this pain. But I am anxious... and resolute to take better care of myself after this. I have let things go in all the chaos of taking care of Jimmy - feeling like I can't use a sick day to get to the doctor to get a regular check up for fear of a kid getting sick or Jimmy needing an appointment. I guess I can't afford to be not be here for them. I have a pap and a pelvic ultrasound scheduled next Wednesday. Maybe we can put this to bed then.

Today is Jacob's fifth birthday. I would be more celebratory, but it has been a long, stressful day and the boy is behaving like a heathen.

No comments: