Friday, October 17, 2008

Jimmy update...

He is asleep on the couch.  He is doing fairly way... it's sort of up and down with him.  He will have a good day and then the next, he is slapping people.  He will be happy then will be screaming and hitting himself.  I wish I understood why he is the way he is.  It's like he has no impulse control.  Children grow into that as they get older.  Maybe Jimmy never will.  

The moments where he is sweet and sedate vastly outnumber those where he is coming unglued and the world is falling apart.  I think the problem is when things become undone, it increasingly becomes overwhelming.  He is bigger, stronger, more emotional, more combative.  It is harder for us, harder for Jacob especially.  When he was singing earlier he got worried that Jimmy couldn't stop singing, that he kept singing the same thing over and over, that he could not get Jimmy to sing a whole song with him.  He rather sad, actually.

Jimmy still has no one-on-one aide.  It's been a month since FAPT.  60 days from now we go back and I am beginning to think that we may not have a one-on-one, save those few days a few weeks back.  I am sort of glad that we don't have more in-home.  Yes, another three hours would help, but it is so constricting to our schedules.  I don't think I would balance any more successfully.  I have already signed Jacob up for Biddy Ball and will likely be signing him up for swim lessons tomorrow while I am over at Mason in Manassas.   He is entitled to have his own interests too.  He also has his own therapy, though his is only 45 minutes a week (as opposed to the hours on end his brother's behavioral therapy takes up.)

It's all venting though.  Jimmy is sleeping next to me right now on the sofa.  He is truly the sweetest, most beautiful boy ever.  


No comments: