Monday, January 07, 2008

Hillary Clinton has an autism plan as well...

That means all of the "Big Three" Democratic candidates have an autism platform, while the other Democrats and Republicans do not... 1 in 150 children and possible 10% of boys my son's age are autistic. At least Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, and Barack Obama recognize the pressing need - insurance companies do nothing for you when your child has autism (especially Kaiser Permenente) and there is little help to shoulder the crushing burden of the needs of these kids.

I know it is politics and what not, but I thank Senators Clinton, Edwards, and Obama for taking a stand (at least on paper) to help kids like my son. It means everything to me.

Maybe I am a little too political, but I love Jimmy. If you were in my shoes, you would be screaming too.

We had his evaluation today. I will post at more length when we get the full results. Suffices to say that he is not MR.

No comments: